• Because creative writing and access to healthy forms of expression should be cultivated in all kids, everywhere;
• Because when our campers learn about poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and graphic novels, they learn about themselves and the world at large;
• They learn about different cultures through characters from Puerto Rico, Vietnam, Mars, and everywhere in between;
• They learn that they can become the next Toni Morrison’s, Edwidge Danticat's, Terrance Hayes’. That their words should be written, read, and celebrated;
• That they have the power to create their own narratives and change the future;
• Creative writing positively influences campers’ cognitive, behavioral, health, social, and economic well-being;
• Imaginative writing fosters life skills like self-discipline, critical thinking, and teamwork;
• Writing yields positive benefits like pleasure, peace, and gratification.
Upcoming Session, Summer 2019
June 17-July 19*
8 a.m.-1 p.m.
*We will be off on July 4th & 5th